Dispatches from the Suburbs of Hell

Heaven is for the obedient. Hell is for the wrathful. What of the ones in between? We wind up in the Suburbs. Our sin is individuality. Our punishment is boredom. But at least we're in good company.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Shameless Self-Promotion

Well, there comes a time in every creative person's life when they have to sell themselves a little. I've come to that point. I've been doing some interesting writing of late, and I want to share it with the larger world - partly just for the sake of it, and partly for the exposure. So here goes.

First of all, I wish to plug The Pit, my movie review site. There's a rather sizeable community out there in Cyberspace of intelligent, learned, and dreadfully opinionated people, who share a love of films of the obscure, cheesy, and strange varietes. I like to count myself among their number, and now, with THREE WHOLE REVIEWS up on my site, I can consider myself a full fledged movie reviewer, the likes of Deeky or Choconado or these guys. Okay, maybe I'm not in their league yet, but I hope to get there soon.

And while I'm plugging that, I also want to plug my novel, to any publishers who just happen to be reading. You can find an excerpt from my sci-fi novel, "Three Days in Shayadran," by following a link over at The Pit, or here. It's a kind of space-opera adventure very much in the vein of Firefly or Star Wars, with a rich and detailed universe full of interesting characters. It's the first in a planned series of books; I'm working on the second in the series now and I've got ideas for at least seven or eight books. And I hope to have them published someday, at least while I'm still alive to appreciate it. So if you happen to be a publisher, or if you just happen to like Sci-Fi, check out my excerpt and see if it piques your interest. I've included an e-mail link on the page, and I look forward to hearing from people. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home