Dispatches from the Suburbs of Hell

Heaven is for the obedient. Hell is for the wrathful. What of the ones in between? We wind up in the Suburbs. Our sin is individuality. Our punishment is boredom. But at least we're in good company.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Gates Open...

Good morning to you all, and welcome to the Suburbs of Hell.

If you've found your way here, I can assume a few things about you. I can assume you are an intelligent and creative person, who enjoys thinking for yourself. I can assume you reject dogma on general principle, because blind obedience to arbitrary laws squelches human potential. And because of these feelings, you, like me, have been...not exactly damned. More like darned. Darned to Heck, as it were. Because we're just not evil enough to be of any real use to Hell Proper. So, rejected by both Heaven and Hell, we just kick around the outer rim.

Things aren't so bad here. The scenery is pleasant, if not a little harsh. The smell of brimstone is cut by the big pine trees out back. The screams of the damned don't really travel that far. And of course, the company is good and true. You'll never tire of good conversation; free-thinkers of all kinds have wound up here, and we take comfort the fact that we're all in this together. Our one punishment is that vague unease, that sense of ennui, that comes from living in the 'burbs. But we each deal with that in our own ways.

I deal with it thus. With this brand new blog, wherein I shall share my opinions on just about everything. Nominally, this is a place where I will discuss and review things like films and TV shows, books, albums, and so forth. I hope to make this a regular thing, updated at least once a week (I do have a life beyond the blog, you see). And I hope that you will check in regularly and let me know what you think.

So, again, Welcome. Make yourself at home, and don't despair. You've always got a friend in Hell.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...God, this means endless reviews of chick flicks, doesn't it.

You can be such a cruel, cruel man.

9:55 AM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So forther"?

"I do have a life beyond the blog, you see"
Yeah - those minotaur costumes don't make themselves! :P

2:22 PM, October 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So forther" is part of his Coach Z repetoire. Either that or he tends to get a bit tongue-tied (which is why he had to drop the bit from his minotaur costume).

So I've heard.

4:18 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Anarquistador said...

Curses...

4:47 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger James said...

Stay golden, Ponyboy!

6:14 PM, October 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home